Wednesday, September 01, 2004

What?

I've been blogging for over a year and a half and I've gotten kind of bored with my main blog. It's rough coming up with witty and wacky stuff on a regular basis. In fact, I've pretty much failed at coming up with witty and wacky stuff on a regular basis. Anyway, I decided to start a new blog that focused on one thing: oddball soft drinks. I can write about oddball soft drinks a couple of times a week. I think. Maybe. We'll see.

The title of the blog came from an old Foghorn Leghorn cartoon where he was romancing a widowed hen to, I believe, get at her money. (I haven't seen this cartoon in years.) He tried to ingratiate himself with her nerdy, bespeckled son. At one point the kid's fooling around with his chemistry set. Foghorn comes along, picks up a test tube, and says, "Well, let's see what you're making there, boy. Hyuk-hyuk-hyuk. Looks like sody-pop. Watch it fizz!" He shakes it up and it explodes in his face.

Also, to my everlasting horror, I found out there's a Britney Spears song with the line, "Mm-hmm soda pop, watch it fizz and pop (ooh)". I've never heard it, and, frankly, I don't want to hear it.