Tuesday, September 14, 2004

SoBe Elixir


Mmmm...lizards. Posted by Hello

Yesterday I broke two of my unwritten rules for this site: (1) I drank the whole bottle before I remembered to take a picture of it, and (2) said beverage wasn't carbonated. The beverage in question was SoBe Elixir's "pomegranate cranberry flavored juice beverage", which I picked up at a local gas station. The ingredients list several other juices, but I guess they thought "pomegranate cranberry apple grape cherry raspberry elderberry juice beverage" was a bit too long. Anyway, it was red-colored, too expensive, and delicious.

SoBe Elixir is yet another of those beverages that has vitamins and herbs in it that are supposed to perk you up or whatever. I've never felt particularly perked up after drinking any of these types of drinks, with the possible exception of Red Bull. Of them, SoBe Elixir's "pomegranate cranberry flavored juice beverage" is easily the best. The only stike against it is the price. At $1.69 for a 20 oz. bottle, it's just too expensive. It's cheaper than Red Bull, but doesn't have Red Bull's strange ingredients.

And why do they put lizards on the bottle? Lizards don't whet my appetite. I don't even want to think about lizards when I'm drinking or eating. Sort of reminds me of the bizarre and repulsive-looking salamander brandy from Solvenia. (And, yes, I know lizards are reptiles and salamanders are amphibians.)

Final verdict on SoBe Elixir's "pomegranate cranberry flavored juice beverage"? I love it, but it's too expensive.