Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Reed's Original Ginger Brew All Natural Jamaican Style Ginger Ale


Why? Why? Why? Posted by Hello

Yesterday I reviewed a truly vile soft drink, something so unrelentingly awful that I didn't think I could possibly ever top it. Well, not only have I topped it, I've surpassed it.

Exhibit A: Reed's Original Ginger Brew All Natural Jamaican Style Ginger Ale. I knew I was in trouble when I screwed the cap off and was hit with a bouquet I can only describe as putrid. It smelled like rotting vegetables. The taste? It tasted like a carbonated mixture of putrifying vegatable juice with a very spicy after taste. Not pleasant. Yesterday's beverage was sickly sweet with a weird, pulpy, bland taste that caused involuntary full-body shudders, this stuff, on the other hand, is sharp and acidic, but vaguely putrid. It's also not particularly sweet. I could only stand about a third of the bottle and poured the rest down the drain. Then I appologized to the drain.

This concoction was recommended to me by a friend. I will be asking her some hard questions, such as, "Were you trying to kill me?" and "Do you really like this distilled goat puke?"

The lesson I've learned from yesterday's and today's beverage debacles is, don't buy soft drinks in the health food section. Ever.

Verdict? AAARRRGGHHH!! How can I wash the taste out of my brain?

Update: I told my friend how horrible this stuff was. She said that maybe I had an old bottle. Maybe, but I've drank old soda before and have never encountered one that was even remotely putrid.