Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Jones Cherry Soda Revisited


Shouldn't this be better? Posted by Hello

After I had that first Jones Cherry Soda, I just had to have another one, but I got it at a Sheetz that was 150 miles from home. I knew there was a Sheetz 30 miles away in South Boston, but I wasn't about to drive 30 miles for a damn soft drink. Then I remembered there was a Sheetz in my hometown. I'd never been there before, but Monday I found it easily and procured another bottle of Jones Cherry Soda. Sadly, it didn't turn out to be the experience I'd been craving.

This second bottle seemed over-carbonated and the cherry was sort of Kool-Aid-ish. Not bad, but not nectar of the gods either. The more I drank the better it got, but it never reached the levels of goodness of that first bottle. Of course I drank the first bottle while trapped in the passenger seat of a pickup truck on a hot day.

Revised verdict? Good, but not great.