Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Chubby Cotton Candy Cream Soda


So many "chubby" jokes, so little time. Posted by Hello

Today's beverage is Chubby Cotton Candy Cream Soda. This was a surprise find at a local Dollar General. I paid 26 cents for the squat little 8.45 fluid oz. bottle. I'd read about this stuff before and doubted I'd ever find it here. I think it was first made in Trinidad and Tobago, but this bottle was made in Canada.

There's a lot of different flavors of Chubby, but the only other flavor I saw today was orange. Orange soda seemed like a bland choice to me, so I went with the cotton candy (which apparently is discontinued because I didn't see it on the website).

The taste? I was hoping for something really awful because I tend to have far more fun writing the bad reviews than the good ones. What can you say about a good soft other than it's good? Well, Chubby Cotton Candy Cream Soda is surprisingly good. I think it's a mistake to call the flavor Cotton Candy Cream Soda because to me it tastes like strawberry short cake. I haven't had cotton candy in over 20 years probably, but I don't remember the taste as being anything like this soda.

Verdict? If you can find it, buy a bottle. I can't say I'd want to drink a lot of it, but as an occasional thing, it'd be nice.